The National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) is a grassroots organization of volunteers and advocates who turn progressive ideals into action. Inspired by Jewish values, NCJW strives for social justice by improving the quality of life for women, children, and families and by safeguarding individual rights and freedoms.
Scholarships for Non-Traditional Students
The Sarasota-Manatee Section of NCJW has been offering need-based scholarships to Non-Traditional Students for 22 years. Scholarships are available to students enrolled in post-secondary academic programs, up to and including the baccalaureate degree.
We consider all students regardless of religion, sexual identity, or ethnicity, who have:
- a high school or GED diploma, and are at least 24 years of age
- Financial Assistance Statement
- work experience that demonstrates personal integrity
- a GPA over 3.0, and
- a career goal to which they strive
Applicants must be
- Registered at an accredited, academic, educational institution, which can be a two-year college, a community college, or a four-year institution. This scholarship does not support work towards a certificate or a post baccalaureate degree.
- Legal citizens and documented residents of Sarasota or Manatee County.
The award is for tuition and books. It is paid directly to the applicant’s school.
The amount is considered after the applicant’s financial aid package has been defined by the school and the application is completed as instructed. The amount of the award varies per year.
- Financial need
- Personal statement and educational goals
- Previous work experience
- Community service
- Educational background
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Can you say YES to these requirements for submission?
- I am at least 24 years of age.
- I have a gap of at least five years following high school graduation.
- I hold a high school diploma or GED.
- I am legal U.S. citizen.
- I am a documented resident of Sarasota or Manatee County.
- I am registered at an accredited educational institution, which is a two-year college, a community college, or a four-year college.
- Proof of Sarasota/Manatee County residency: Copy of a utility bill, Driver’s license, or government-issued photo ID
- Copy of cover sheet and first page of my 2021-2022 FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Two (2) Signed letters of recommendation on official letterhead from faculty members/instructors/mentors in your field, or employers, if not mailed separately. Do not use family members or friends.
- For current students, transcripts must be received by 5:00 pm on 2/12/2022.
Submit your official transcript to:
NCJW Scholarship Fund Committee
PO Box 3641
Sarasota, FL 34230-3641