All applications must be submitted ONLINE.
The Sarasota-Manatee Section of the National Council of Jewish Women is a volunteer organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for women, children and families. We are pleased to announce our 21st Annual Scholarship Awards Program, which recognizes and promotes education of the “non-traditional student”. We consider students, male or female, who have returned to school after a hiatus and need financial assistance to reach their goals.
Scholarships are awarded annually, on a non-sectarian, need-based basis, for tuition and books. The applicants must meet the following CRITERIA and submit all items on the CHECKLIST:
- Must be a minimum of twenty-four years of age.
- Must have a gap of at least six years following high school graduation.
- Must hold a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be a legal U.S. citizen and documented resident of Sarasota or Manatee County.
- Must establish financial need by submitting a printout of the coversheet and first page of the upcoming school year’s Student Aid Report (SAR) reflecting the EFC number from FAFSA, and any other relevant documentation that may be requested.
- Must be registered at an accredited educational institution, which must be a two-year college, a community college, a four-year college, a vocational/technical school, graduate school, or an online program.
SCHOLARSHIP RENEWAL: Recipients must re-apply each year for consideration of renewal of scholarship funds. Applicants are eligible to receive a maximum of two scholarships from NCJW.
CHECKLIST FOR COMPLETE APPLICATION
- I am a legal U.S. citizen and am age 24 or older, out of high school for 6+ years, hold a high school diploma or GED equivalent; and am a documented resident of Sarasota or Manatee County. Include a scanned copy of a utility bill, driver’s license, or government-issued photo ID for proof of residency.
- I have been accepted into my program of choice at a qualified educational facility and am in need of financial assistance to pursue a higher level of education.
- I have forwarded an official transcript (current college students) or my college/vocational school acceptance letter (beginning students).
The transcript must have the raised school seal or be printed on special university watermarked paper and needs to be in a sealed envelope. Unofficial transcripts obtained online are not acceptable. Please note that an official transcript can take up to three weeks to obtain.
- I have completed and attached a copy of the cover sheet and the first page of my 2020-2021 FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR).
- I have completed and attached my personal statement essay.
- I have two signed letters of recommendation attached from faculty members/ instructors/mentors in your field, or employers, on official letterhead. (Do Not use family members or friends for reference letters.)
- I have completed and reviewed ALL sections of this scholarship application.
- I understand, if selected for a Scholarship, that I must be present at the awards ceremony on Wednesday, April 21, 2021, at 7:00 p.m., in order to receive the scholarship and to thank the Donor.
- I have read, understand, initialed, and signed the certification below. (Section VIII)
- I am aware that all documents must be received by 5:00 PM on Friday, February 12, 2021. Faxed applications are not accepted.
The scholarship application forms are posted online for online submission. All students who demonstrate a financial need and meet the criteria are encouraged to apply.
The application deadline is FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2021.
Official transcripts must be mailed to:
NCJW Scholarship Fund Committee
Attn: Andria Bilan
PO Box 3641
Sarasota, FL 34230-3641
The completed scholarship application and official transcripts must be received NO LATER than February 12, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. LATE OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. The application must be filled out, in its entirety, and submitted with accompanying materials at the same time, with the exception of official documents which are being forwarded directly by the school.
Click to download a scholarship application.