Wednesday, Jan. 19, 2022
Michael’s On East,
1212 East Avenue S., Sarasota, FL
Invitation coming in November Ticket price: $100
As we reflect on the past year and a half, we each have a story to tell. Some of us had members of our family sick or sadly pass during this difficult time. The one thing we all have in common is how hard the year and a half has been.
NCJW strives for social justice by improving the quality of life for women, children, and families. With those words in mind, this year, we are changing the focus of our honorees. We will honor those who kept us going during the pandemic, improved our lives, helped make our world a better place, and exemplified true Tikkun Olam.
This year’s honorees are the Unsung Heroines who continued to work with a commitment to others during the pandemic. Please help us applaud them at our 40th Women In Power event on January 19, 2022, at Michael’s On East, Sarasota. Invitations coming in November.
- Adriana Perez-UnidosNow, 2Gen Parent Leadership Program: Adriana has worked with the Hispanic/Latinx community supplying masks, sanitizers, vaccines, and digital support throughout the Covid-19 crisis. She led virtual parent leadership sessions, empowering other women to overcome hardships, and build a better future for their families.
- Angela Perez-Garcia-Bayshore Elementary School Teacher, in Bradenton: During the months last year when her 20 kindergarten students used e-learning, Angela reached out weekly to each family with phone calls and emails while still dealing with her own young family and their learning. She chose to move up to 1st grade with the class to assure each student would keep up with the new curriculum.
- Katressa Wilson & Maria Somera-Children First: Katressa worked tirelessly throughout the pandemic making sure that Children First’s services to children and families continued. She continues to support agency wide initiatives such as Child Care Food Program, site inspections, special projects and more. Maria is chair of the Children First Policy Council, where she was responsible for decisions that impacted children, families, and staff during the pandemic. She played an integral role in creating the plan for safely reopening the classrooms at Children First.
- Teresa Martin & Elyse Gordon-Aviva Senior Living: During the pandemic, Teresa, the VP of Healthcare Services, often jumped in as a nursing assistant, food service worker or activity assistant when others were unable to work. She was a go-between with families who were unable to visit their loved ones, initiated window visits, tent visits and a visitation pod. Elyse, Program Director of Therapy, worked extra hours filling in wherever there was a need. She worked as a communicator with families during the pandemic while continuing her job as a therapist with residents.
- Multicultural Action Team-Coalition of Non-profits: A coalition of teams from Multicultural Health Institute, UnidosNow, Gulf Coast Latin Chamber of Commerce, Healthy Teens Coalition of Manatee County, New College, The Links Inc Bradenton-Sarasota Chapter, Resilient American Communities, and the Howard Club of SW Florida came together during the pandemic to provide solutions for health disparities. This team put aside their own health and well-being to go into the communities.
Thank you to our honorees, you are truly the UNSUNG HEROINES of the pandemic!
For more information, please contact Cindy Solomon, (203)253-9901, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
$10,000 PRESENTING NAMED SCHOLARSHIP SPONSOR
Opportunity to speak, One named scholarship/Two Tables for 10 with VIP seating/Recognition on all publicity and luncheon program/Invitation to sponsor reception
$5,000 PREMIER SCHOLARSHIP SPONSOR
One named scholarship/Table for 10 with VIP seating/Recognition on luncheon program/Invitation to sponsor reception
$2,500 PATRON SCHOLARSHIP SPONSOR
One co-named scholarship/Table for 8 with VIP seating/Recognition on luncheon program/Invitation to sponsor reception
$1,000 PARTNE SPONSOR
Reservation for 4 guests/Recognition on luncheon program/Invitation to sponsor reception
Reservation for 2 guests/Recognition on luncheon program/Invitation to sponsor reception
Reservation for one/Recognition on luncheon program/Invitation to sponsor reception
Reservation for one/Recognition on luncheon program
$100 INDIVIDUAL TICKET
NCJW member ticket price if paid by December 17, 2021; after this date, ticket price is $125
Invitation coming in November.